Monday, 11 February 2013

30 Days of Inspiration...


Well…I have to say that 2013 hasn’t started off exactly as I’d hoped. I was all geared up for an amazing year that would shine as a beacon of positivity for me and everyone around me. On the second day (literally) of the new year, things took a decidedly unpleasant turn. Without going into details, things got very rocky for me and my quirky little family (I’m not in a relationship with my son’s Dad, but he lives beside us in a granny flat ~ and we’re very proud of how hard we’ve worked to maintain a loving & stable home for our son). Anyway, let’s put it down to ‘alpha male’ rumblings between my son and his Dad, and leave it at that! It’s very, very unusual for this type of thing to happen between us, so it shook us up a bit and has resulted in a change of living arrangements.

All is well now, though we’re in the process of moving (*breath*). Needless to say, all of this, along with running my own business, has not contributed to my lovely vision for the year!!! But…I’m quite sure that it’s all unfolding as it should and leading to bigger and better things, and this gives me some added motivation to continue to throw myself into the year with gusto  :)

Anyway…I have been lacking a bit of inspiration, I suspect mostly through sheer exhaustion! And given that I’m in the business of inspiration, I decided to look around and find a way to re-ignite the spark. This led me to a great ‘Ted Talk’ by Matt Cutts, who is an Engineer with Google. The upshot of the talk was that if you want to do something new, try it for 30 days so you get inspired to do & experience more. It really got me thinking, and I decided to give it a shot.

I’m a little bit obsessed with the idea that it is the ‘small things’ in our lives that can bring so much joy. So I’ve decided to photograph some of those little things – every day for 30 days. What I’m aiming for is 3 things: a daily reminder to look for those ‘small things’  and to feel gratitude for them; to bring a greater sense of joy into every day; and to just chill-out a wee bit!

So…I’ll be sharing the pics on Facebook every day, so you can check them out there. If you don’t do Facebook, just let me know, and perhaps I can share them on this blog. I’ll share the first one here today…

Here we go ~

30 Days of Inspiration ~ Day #1.

Roses given to me by my Son’s Dad, because “You’re my friend, and I love you, and I thought they would brighten you up a bit”. Awww.


Finally, I want to say a HUGE thank you to all of you who have contacted me to gently nudge me into getting back on board with my blogs. When you write blogs, unless people are subscribed (which they often aren’t) you don’t really know who is reading. So, it’s amazing when you contact me and tell me that you love my blogs ~ it inspires me to stick with it. xoxo

Oh..and if you haven’t done so already, please subscribe to this blog and ‘like’Inspire Inq on Facebook if you can – it makes a huge difference to me on many levels to have your support. 

Here’s to the rest of 2013 being fabulous…


2 comments:

Linda said...

I was going to have a year like that too! Maybe it will start tomorrow. I'm not a face booker so here's hoping I get to see some posts on here! Beautiful roses. And today I'm inspired by movers and shakers. Someone I know is starting a skill share group. Yay!

Bridget Coyne said...

Thanks Linda :) Funnily enough, things have taken an amazing turn for the better, even since yesterday!!! The power of gratitude at work! I will post the photos on the blog once a week so I'm not clogging up people's inbox. Skill share group sounds fantastic - hope to hear about it on your blog.