Monday, 11 March 2013

'30 Days' almost at an end...


I’ve been having such a great time doing the ’30 Days of Inspiration’ project (see my last post below). It’s been a stressful and ultra-busy couple of months, so the ‘forced’ focus of attention on finding something in each day that is beautiful, inspiring or uplifting, has been so wonderful. There have been days when I could barely bring myself to bother to post the picture on Facebook, but seeing the positive effect it was having on me, my son gently encouraged me when I was struggling. So…what have I gotten from it? A few things:
  • a daily reminder to actively look for the beauty that is always surrounding me, but which I can sometimes bypass
  • a renewed love of photography, when I had lost a bit of interest because I don’t have a good camera.  Amazing what an iPhone can do!!!
  • a gentle nudge every day to remember that it’s often easier to focus on the difficulties, when simply shifting your attention to something that makes you smile can completely change your outlook

I was hoping to post photos here once a week, but as you can probably tell by the tone of this blog, that became an insurmountable task! So, I’ve picked a couple of my faves for your viewing pleasure  ; )
If you are a Facebooker – you can check out the whole series here http://www.facebook.com/pages/Inspire-Inq/314003818616905

If you’d like to stay up to date with what’s happening at Inspire Inq, please ‘like’ the FB page ~ it has a lot a benefits for a small business (which is why you see so many of those ‘my wife will let me buy a motorbike if I get 1 million likes’ type of posts…it’s simply people trying to build their business profile. I prefer to go about it with a wee bit more integrity haha)

Photo: 30 Days of Inspiration ~ Day # 17

This playground is a kids wonderland - so gorgeous! There are even tiny, skinny little paths that weave throughout...
30 Days of Inspiration ~ Day # 17
This playground is a kids wonderland - so gorgeous! There are even tiny, skinny little paths that weave throughout...

Photo: 30 Days of Inspiration ~ Day #4

Ok..a bit of a silly one today, but no less inspiring (to me)! A while back, a dear friend of mine gave me a little plastic Steve Irwin figurine, because she knows how much I adored him, and she says I remind her of him with my "never-ending enthusiasm" (not so sure I agree with her about that!! hehehe). 

Anyhoo...I hung him from a piece of wire from my rear view mirror, and I always have a little giggle to myself when I look at him ~ I imagine him going "YEAH". Always manages to put me in a great mood :)
30 Days of Inspiration ~ Day #4
Ok..a bit of a silly one today, but no less inspiring (to me)! A while back, a dear friend of mine gave me a little plastic Steve Irwin figurine, because she knows how much I adored him, and she says I remind her of him with my "never-ending enthusiasm" (not so sure I agree with her about that!! hehehe). 
Anyhoo...I hung him from a piece of wire from my rear view mirror, and I always have a little giggle to myself when I look at him ~ I imagine him going "YEAH". Always manages to put me in a great mood :)
30 Days of Inspiration ~ Day #11
Amazing, wacky little pods. Isn't nature just awe inspiring?

Photo: 30 Days of Inspiration ~ Day #9

I'm so glad I'm doing this 30 days...reminds me to stay focussed on the simple things. 

Who remembers floating leaves down the gutters in the rain? I was out walking in the rain, and just as I was thinking "grrrr...go away rain", I looked down at the gutter, had a 'flashback' and picked up a leaf & sent it on it's way down the hill. So awesome :)))
30 Days of Inspiration ~ Day #9
I'm so glad I'm doing this 30 days...reminds me to stay focussed on the simple things. 
Who remembers floating leaves down the gutter in the rain? I was out walking in the rain, and just as I was thinking "grrrr...go away rain", I looked down at the gutter, had a 'flashback' and picked up a leaf & sent it on it's way down the hill. So awesome :)))

30 Days of Inspiration ~ Day #25
Ahhh, the pure beauty of a flower. So simple, yet so complex.

Hope you have an amazing week and that you find a little inspiration in your day!


2 comments:

Rebecca Mugridge said...

What a beautiful thing to do!
Gorgeous photos X

Bridget Coyne said...

Thanks Bec :) It was an awesome experience!