Wednesday, 11 September 2013

What babies can teach us...


Over the last year, I've spent a lot of time around babies, which is one of the things in life that truly brings me joy (throw a dog into the mix and I'm in heaven!). I reckon I've learnt a lot about life from babies, and I was pondering why it is that I like to spend time hangin' with them, and what lessons they have for us. 

So I created a bit of a list and thought I'd share it with you, 'cause I think we could probably all do with remembering some of this stuff from time to time:

~    cry as often as you want to - its cleansing
~    be silly - the world is a funny place
~    laugh at yourself and your own jokes - who cares what anyone thinks???
~    it’s ok to get angry - just let it go as soon as its over
~    cuddles make everything better - don't be afraid to ask for one when you need it
~    most things are better when you've had some sleep - being tired makes things seem so much worse than they are!
~     letting other people care for you is not wrong or embarrassing - we all need a little help sometimes
~    be delighted by the little things - if you pay attention, the whole world is pretty incredible

If you can, spend some time just hanging out with a baby (or animal) soon - it will bring out the best in you and lower your stress levels! 

Have a great week, and don't forget to jump onto my new website to check it out & enter my competition to win a $50 Booktopia book voucher! 


2 comments:

Linda said...

What a lovely post Bridget! And so true! If you're not the person washing their clothes, making their food....... But yes, we need to stop and take time to remember what's important!

Bridget Coyne said...

Thanks Linda :) Thankfully, I'm past a lot of that now(well...kind of!) and I just get to enjoy being a 'great Aunty' - lucky me!